Allegro Hand Linux Project
Build and Run: "grasp"
0. Install necessary packages.
sudo apt-get install cmake gcc g++ libpopt-dev
1. Download, build, and install PCAN-USB driver for Linux: libpcan. Note: v7.9 and v7.13 are tested.
tar -xzvf peak-linux-driver-x.x.tar.gz cd peak-linux-driver-x.x make NET=NO sudo make install sudo modprobe pcan
2. Download, build, and install PCAN-Basic API for Linux: libpcanbasic. Note: v2.0.3 is tested.
tar -xzvf PCAN_Basic_Linux-x.x.x.tar.gz cd PCAN_Basic_Linux-x.x.x/pcanbasic make sudo make install
3. Download, build, and install Grasping Library for Linux, "libBHand": Grasping_Library_for_Linux
4. Build Allegro Hand Project using cmake "out of source build" style.
unzip Allegro_hand_linux.zip cd allegro_hand_linux mkdir build cd build cmake .. make make install
Note: You will need to replace the encoder offsets and directions and the motor directions in the array at the top of the main.cpp file. These offsets can be found on the offsets and directions table on your Allegro Hand Wiki page (front page - scroll down): Allegro_Hand_DML_Info
Note: Using cmake "out of source build" style, the entire build tree is created under "build" directory so that you can delete "build" directory without worrying about the sources.
5. Connect PCAN-USB and Allegro Hand (make sure to power off Allegro Hand)
6. Start the grasping program: "grasp"
7. Power on Allegro Hand.
8. Use keyboard command to move Allegro Hand!!!!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Copyright & Trademark Notice
Allegro, the Allegro logo, RoboticsLab, the RoboticsLab logo, and all related files and documentation are Copyright ⓒ 2008-2016 WONIK ROBOTICS. All rights reserved. RoboticsLab and Allegro are trademarks of WONIK ROBOTICS. All other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned are the properties of their respective owners.
SimLab's Allegro Hand is based on licensed technology developed by the Humanoid Robot Hand research group at the Korea Institute of Industrial Technology (KITECH).
Any references to the BHand Library or the Allegro Hand Motion and/or Grasping Library refer to a library of humanoid robotic hand grasping algorithms and motions developed and published by KITECH researchers.
J.-H. Bae, S.-W. Park, D. Kim, M.-H. Baeg, and S.-R. Oh, "A Grasp Strategy with the Geometric Centroid of a Groped Object Shape Derived from Contact Spots," Proc. of the 2012 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2012), pp. 3798-3804
Wiki maintained by Sean Yi <email@example.com>
|Whos here now: Members 0 Guests 0 Bots & Crawlers 1|